By Chelsey Bowermaster, Two Rivers YMCA
Tis the season to reclaim health! I’ve researched the most cost effective, MUST HAVE “FitGifts” for 2016. Everyone needs a little reminder to stay active during the holidays and motivation to enter a new year with ZEAL for fitness!
Add these to your list or gift them for someone you love:
FitGifts under $50
1. Health Seekers: TriggerPoint Performance Foam Stick. Utilizing a three-dimensional surface designed to replicate the feeling of a massage therapist’s hands, this portable roller allows you to experience targeted relief, yet feels more like a massage than regular foam rollers. $33.95 on Amazon.
2. Free Weight Lovers: NuBells. A dumbbell and weight plate in one! The versatile training tools have a comfortable grip and can be used on their own or affixed to a barbell. Portable and stackable! Set of 5 lb NuBells are $39.99 on Amazon.
3. Runners, Cyclists and Hikers: WrightSock Double Layer AntiBlister Socks. These get me through my marathons! Stay dry, sweat-wicking, amazing socks! $12.00 per pair (Sold at Dick’s, Amazon and Running Wild)
FitGifts under $200
1. Meal prep and endurance athletes: Isobag 6 Meal Organizer Bag. This amazing bag keeps containers cool and divided for wellness enthusiasts. Athletes who want to break up their meals and snacks can be better prepared with meal prep on the go! $89.99 on Isolator bag site.
2. Wellness Enthusiasts: Garmin Vivofit. Keep overall health in mind with this watch! It tracks sleep, activity, calories and will sync with iPhone and heart rate monitors. I love the sleek style! $99.99 on Garmin’s site.
3. *MUST HAVE* Tool for ALL levels of fitness: TRX Home Suspension Training System. Okay. I LOVE my TRX Suspension system. Every exercise requires your core to engage. This tool targets under-used muscles in your core and back to help with balance, fall prevention and spinal alignment. $199 on TRX site.
4. Finally, I truly believe one of the best gifts you can give is training sessions with a Certified Personal Trainer. Prices vary based on location and your package; however, the knowledge and motivation gained from a CPT is priceless! Check out the YMCA for cost effective membership and training packages.
Happy shopping and Merry Christmas!
|Meet Chelsey Bowermaster, Let’s Move Quad Cities Fitness Blogger. She has more than 7 years’ personal training experience and is the Healthy Lifestyles Director at the Two Rivers YMCA in Moline. You can read Chelsey’s bio and other blog posts by clicking here.|